Recently, Luc was interviewed by Jason Kanigan (Cold Star Project) to talk about the Orekit project. The interview addresses subjects such as:
- How the idea of Orekit was conceived
- The way the technology required for Orekit was identified
- Where the data for Orekit comes from
- What Luc would do differently now from a process perspective compared to the project’s beginning
- Whether Orekit will evolve into a different kind of program, with increased usage and data from more launches
- How the open governance model for project management has worked, including accountability, and what unexpected thing has come out of it.
The interview is available on Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=806IESC2gCE
Thanks Jason Kanigan for this very interesting interview, which is a way to highlight Orekit.